Saturday 25 October 2008

This week

Hej,

After autumn holiday, it was hard to get back to school. But at the same time, I was enthusiastic to learn new things. On Tuesday, I had a short presentation on Hungarian education system. Unfortunately, the projector didn't work. I think I prepared a lot because I thought I 'd like to talk about the history of the Hungarian education system. So it was a "bummer" that we couldn't use the projector.
On Wednesday, we had a weblog class, where I learnt how to put some labels to my blog. I realized I don't like sitting in front of the computer a lot. Sorry...
The best day of the week was on Thursday, when we went to Aabenraa, (it's a city close to Haderslev). This town is a nice, cosy one, it has got a shopping street, and a beautiful church with plazma Tv inside. I'm serious, the church has got plazma Tvs, but I think they use it for service. :)

So we had dance and drama class at the Aabenraa college with the German students. Teachers spoke in German or in English. I think when I go back to Hungary, I'd like to find a German teacher, it's easy now, I'm always listening when Germans speak and I think I automatically pick up some expressions, so when I start to study German, I'd like to study Danish, as well. It'd be useful to communicate with people and to make friends. I also think I should learn Romanian, because my friend Ioana talks to me Romanian sometimes, you know when English doesn't work and she teaches me some expressions. (I still would like to speak Spanish) I like languages. :)

All right: So we went to College, we sent a text message to Ioan (German's Erasmus coordinator), but he didn't answer us until afternoon, I don't understand why he has got a mobile phone if he doesn't use it. So we had to call Sarah, at least she has the mobile phone, and finally we found out which building and room the lesson start. I have to tell you that we were on time, we just waited for Ioan to write us back. Oh well...
Okay, the lesson was about getting to know each other. First of all, we learnt some "ice-breaker" games and how to use it in classroom. Then, we danced a little bit with different kind of exercises, it was so much fun to listen to music and do some practice with the Germans. After all, we went to another room, where we had some massage with balls. All in all, it was great, and we're looking forward to next class. I felt like the Germans started to be open, they smiled at us a lot. Music connects people :)

In the afternoon, Ioana and me had a walk in the town, we didn't want to hurry back to Haderslev, so we decided to walk in the downtown. We had a free coffee at a coffee bar in downtown where Ioana knows the waiter who is from Romania. He has been living and working in Denmark for 3 years now, and he invited us for a coffee. It was nice. I started to feel that I should speak Romanian, I'm surrounded by Romanians :) Ioana, Ovidu (our new Romanian friend), the pastor's wife Cristina, Camilla... I think it's good to know them, being a Hungarian, I didn't hear good news about Romanians and we didn't learn good things about them. It's just stereotype, but I didn't want to start my view with stereotypes so now I have a different view on Romanians and it has been changing. Now, I don't understand those stubborn Hungarians with their fixed ideas about history and they cannot handle things and the future. I don't want to discuss it here. It's okay.

On Friday, I had English class, I enjoyed it. We learnt how to use materials for beginners in the classroom. I wish our Language Pedagogy teacher in Hungary was so enthusiastic about "teaching English" topic, but she is not. We're happy when she comes to class, not mentioning the fact that she doesn't like speaking in English with us. So, I found this class useful, I hope I can use those things at home what I heard during the lessons.

Friday night:
We were enthusiastic to meet with some Danish students so we decided to go to the Friday bar at the college. Sometimes I felt like I should give up making friends here, it's hard. Danish people are reserved a little bit, but as I said earlier, I don't want to believe in stereotypes, so we still try to make friends, I mean real friends, not just "hi, how are you" friends. :) It takes time. It's okay.
We had fun at the Friday bar, we talked to some students, and it was different because we had Ovidiu with us, (he is from Romania, moved to Denmark and he has a college degree. (economist)) So, we had a man with us, and now they were interested in how do you say cheers in Romanian or in Hungarian. It seems to me that whenever you're not alone from your country they're interested in more of your culture. So, we were surprised, but at the same time we enjoyed the situation. :) After all, we went home.

On Saturday, we went to Kolding to Bilke, it's a shopping centre, it's really huge with more than a 100 shops. We spent 2-3 hours there with Cristina and with her kids. It was nice to see the stores, however, I didn't buy anything, But a lot of things were on a good price.

That's all for today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Plazma TVs in a church? That's awesome! Maybe you could ask the church if they would donate one to our church in Eger...

Its cool what you said about the Romanians. I think that one of the best effects that traveling has on a person is that when you go different places and meet different people and hear their stories, it makes you see the world differently - and it often makes you get rid of stereotypes.
However, you may be the only person in Hungary trying to learn Romanian! But I say hajrá!