Thursday 2 October 2008

Practical things??

Today, I had 2 classes with the 1st grade, and then one with the 4th grade. In school, everything is built or based on logic. Seriously, everything. While at home, we study or personally I struggle with studying linguistics in College, those 10 linguistics subjects, here I enjoy studying linguistics. I think, this is because the teacher makes it interesting and most importantly understandable for each student. Here, college students study the basic things about linguistics. (it's similar to Phrasal Syntax 1 and 2 at home)
Dear students fellowship and friends at home, especially those who already finished College: Have you ever taught clausal syntax in primary school? Do you use those stuffs, theories? I'm sure, that students at the age of 14, are not curious about Chomsky's theory, or the latest theory from sb.....So, my question, why do we study clausal syntax? We won't teach it, then for what is the aim to study it t? To have less confidence because you obviously fail the course, that's what the teacher promised and it became true. Personally, I failed the course...But I know, the rest of you guys failed, we can say it's normal to fail linguistics course. You can ask me back, why do you choose to study in Eger? All right, but just to let you know, I'm afraid of not be able to do that clausal syntax 2. course. It's okay.
How come students, if they study regularly here in Haderslev, don't fail any course? My experience is that even if I study hard, and spend time with memorizing books, and trying to understand what's going on in the books I fail the course. I just experience, things are different here. NO Stress! Enjoy what you're doing! It's your responsibility to do your job.
Practice today: I enjoyed the first 2 classes a lot. They studied the letter: I. Kids had to cut "i" letters from magazines. My job was to glue them on paper. They played games with letter "i". After, teacher brought a laptop and each kid had to sit in front of the computer and type the letter "i" and then color it in word document. Again, very practical. I'm so happy that I can visit classes like these special needs class. :))
4th class: they were singing songs, and praciced the English letters. One of the students needs help because she is almost blind. She has a special teacher, who stays with her all day. At the back of the classroom they have got a machine which helps students with special needs to study the same things as the other students do. I'm amazed....

No comments: