Tuesday 18 November 2008

Saturday

Odense

Our buddy, Carsten, took us to Odense on Saturday, where we went to see H. C. Andersen's museum. I was looking forward to see his birthplace. Before I came to Denmark, I read stuff about his life, and of course, I grew up on his fairy tales. Everybody knows his stories, like Little Marmaid etc. We can say that Danish people are proud of him and his work. So we went to see the museum and we found it interesting. However, the museum was a little bit expensive, it was definietly worth visiting. There was a room in the museum, I think this was my favourite, where you could read his stories in your own language. So obviously I chose Hungarian and I read a story.

Train museum: another museum we visited was the Danish railway museum. It was very lively, you could just go into different types of trains and see how it is inside. One train which was from the 1940s looks similar to the Hungarian "slow" train type. I mean we have trains in Hungary which need to be recovered very soon. They are fine, but let's say not the best quality. :)
After the two museums, we took a walk in the downtown, and enjoyed a falafel.
On the way back home, we stopped at the bridge near Fredericia, and took some photos.

It was a very nice trip, we got to see a lot. I put pictures on my picasaweb album and later on more pictures will be coming.

See you later.

No comments: