Friday 14 November 2008

cuisine

At home I don't have time to cook, unfortunately. I'm always on hurry to school or I study in my room. That's a kind of boring thing to do but it's okay for the time being.
Here, in Denmark, we've already tried traditional Danish cuisine, and more: I have already tried Romanian and even German cuisine. So this Wednesday, when I went to shop with Ioana, we said that we miss soup. At home, I think, both of us eat a lot of soup, different kinds of, like: potatoe, tomatoe, cauliflower, cabbage soups etc. so for us it's normal to eat soup, almost every day. One of my favourite is fruit soup, especially in the Summer.
So, we bought broccoli, and I wanted to try to make Broccoli cream soup what we eat at home especially at Christmas time. We invited Sarah, our German friend, as well. In the afternoon, I cooked the cream soup, Ioana made the Romanian doughnuts (we call it pampucka at home), with jam and apple-cinemon mixture. So we ate a lot and chatted and watched a really good movie. Have you seen Lifet er smuket? Life is beautiful, La Vita e Bella with Roberto Benigni?
We liked this movie a lot.
On Thursday, Sarah wanted to surprise us with German breakfast and actually she did. She prepared eggs with bacon, and she bought rolls from the Skaelle bakery, which is our favourite in the town. :) Also, we had coffe and orange juice (appelsin) and salmon fish what we put in the sandwiches. It was a heavy breakfast, so we weren't able to eat until dinner.
It was good to start the day with a nice breakfast. After all, we had a nice chat, and then we walked all afternoon in the town.
It was a very nice, cultural day. We experienced Romanian, German and some Hungarian cuisines this week.

(Sarah, Ioana and the breakfast)


Tomorrow, we go to Odense to see the town and H.C. Andersen's birthplace. :) I grew up on his stories so I'm excited to see his home town.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Food is good :)
How did you like the Romanian food?

Judit said...

I liked it. It's not typical Romanian, it's from Transylvania. :)Delicious!

xy said...

mmmmhhh, de er leckre!!!

;-)