Thursday 6 November 2008

All about Drama


Hej,

Today was the third time we went to Aabenraa. There is another building of the college, this town is 30 minutes away from Haderslev (in the South). We go there every Thursday until December. I'm always excited about this day because we go to Dance and Drama course. As you all know me, I love dancing. When I was a teengare I went to dance with my friends almost every weekend. At this time, it's different. So last Thursday, we learnt some Danish dance for kids.
Today, it was a little bit hard because we had to learn how to act on stage and how to use drama exercises in the classroom. We learnt how to use our imagination, communication. We really had to focus on our body language. The whole lesson was very-well built. First, we played ice-breaker games and then we got a picture of a sad looking girl, and we had to create a story and guess where she is from and what her background could be. We sat in groups and it was hard to work together because everybody had different imagination. But we did well, it worked out, After, we got another picture of the same girl, but she was grown-up, and we sat in groups again, found a story of her, and then we put the whole stories together and acted on stage. And all this procedure took 3 hours. I think that was fast, I think it usually takes a day to do such exercises, but we didn't have break so we could do it.
I enjoyed part of it, but the stories we created were very sad and depressing. Plus, the weather, today, was rainy and grey.
Next time we meet we're gonna dance. And I'm excited to be there.

No comments: