Monday 22 September 2008

weekend

Hello again,

We had a great sunny weekend. I have heard that you cannot tell the same in Hungary, poor you. Our buddy, Carsten, and his family invited us (Ioana and me) to spend a day with his family. Since on Saturday, the weather was great, we went to their ship in Aabenra, and we hang out a little bit there and we went to see the seaside again, we collected shells and took off our shoes and just put our feet into the sea. It was nice and relaxing. After, we went to his family's house, where we were invited to a "tea afternoon", his mom made a kind of "zsömle" and hmm we got jam, so all in all it was nice. But, it was't the end of the day. Around 6-7 pm. the dinner came. What was it? PORK MEAT!! yes, you can believe me, I ate pork meat. Yes, I did. I cannot believe, but it's true. All right, I have to tell you, It's great, it was tasty, we ate pork meat with thick brown sauce and potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and we drunk red wine with it. I'm so thankful for this tasty Danish cuisine. After dinner, the dessert came on the scene....Ice cream with waffers. Again, great...
I felt like in Hungary, when guests or friends come to our house and my mom and me are just feeding them. Now, I can know what you feel when you are at our house at home. :))
I'm happy to had the chance to experience great Danish hospitality. Thank you for the meal.:)

After dinner, we went to a farm, where we saw horses,( someday I will ride one,) and we also saw American animals, it was like "nosebears" in Danish. (I don't remember the name in English).

We got to meet with Carsten's friends and they invited us to a Danish hygge, which means you sit on the sofa, have candles on the table and you talk. :) So we did. It was nice to meet with them.

On the other day, we relaxed, and also we got a new toilet to our bathroom, I have to tell that the old one wasn't bad, but here the new one came, it's very well designed. :)) Now, we are completely spoiled.

In the afternoon, Sarah, our German friend came to visit us, again we had hygge with her, we had dinner, and we just talked about family, religion, countries, school system etc. It was nice to have her for the afternoon. By the way, the German group go to different places in Denmark for 3 weeks to school practice, so we won't see each other. Have fun there!
The day ended, and we were excited to get up on Monday, I tell you why....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations on eating pork meat!
Actually, your dad told me about it before I read this. I was at your house yesterday.
I wouldn't have imagined that Danish cuisine is very good, but this is good news.
Say hi to Denmark for us!